Sunday, March 30, 2008

API-650 11th Edition Addendum 1

I have started reviewing a copy of the final draft of API-650 11th Edition Addendum 1. I have not seen a lot of major changes. I do see that they have corrected Appendix E and it appears that it is the same as Addendum 4 of the the 10th Edition including the errata. Other areas I will be reviewing as to the affect on designs are the definition of Pe, the definition of material thicknes in 5.3.5, changes to manholes and nozzles, changes in frangible roof designs, and a change in maximum rafter spacing. I will be reviewing these and will comment more after Addendum 1 is released by API.

I will also be attending the API committee meetings in New Orleans the middle of April. I will let you know if any important information comes out of that meeting.

We are continually updating, correcting, and adding to ITSdesign, our API-650 and AWWA D-100 design software. Changes to ITSdesign are automatically received by our users the next time they start ITSdesign on their computer. All updates are automatically downloaded from our internet site.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still see problems with the Ti equation (E-1) in the errata to Addendum 4 of the 10th edition....have they changed the equations with the 11th edition Addendum?

Thanks.